Friday, June 10, 2011

My friend needs help in giving back to the troops!

This is a shout-out to all my gentle readers, regular, new folks, lurkers, or otherwise.  My friend Heather is a finalist in a contest to win an iPad 2, but it's a different sort of contest, and she needs votes from us.

Here's the pitch: Whoever gets the most votes in this contest will win the device, but also has to do something to prove they want it.  Heather has offered to hand-craft hundreds of pillowcases for our wounded troops in Afghanistan.  And who doesn't want to give our boys over there a little morale boost?  And I would hope that you don't need an extra incentive to do this, but when you vote, you get an extra entry in the website's iPod giveaway as well.

Here is the link to her original blog post all about it: bit.ly/pillows4vets

And here is a picture of one of the pillowcases.  They will each have a unique design on them, so no two will be exactly alike.  Thanks much from me for your time, and hopefully I can pay you all back someday if you can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment