Sunday, September 12, 2010

Homemade Shotgun Weaponlight

I have been mulling over buying a weapon light for my Mossberg for quite some time. However, we all know they cost a whole lot of money, money that I don't have.

Alas, as I was sorting through junk at my old house in preparation for a yard sale, I found a plastic bicycle lock frame mounting bracket. It's a two-piece plastic affair that you attach to the frame of your bike where, presumably, you would put a cable lock or something similar. It would probably cost around $5.00 at a bike store.

I nabbed that bracket and 5 nuts and bolts, brought it home, and set to work. Lo and behold, the bracket fit snug as a bug onto the Mossberg's mag tube, just in front of the forend and just behind the bayonet lug. I positioned it so the light could be mounted on the left side, where my thumb could hit the tailcap pressure switch. I had to jury rig a sleeve to fit the light into the bracket, but it soon fit nicely. With a couple tightened screws, my shotgun now is ready to fight at night! Unfortunately, I have yet to take a class on how to, so I might not be... Embarassed  View the pictures after the break.




Anyway, here are the pictures so I'll shut up.







No comments:

Post a Comment